Laughing, Weeping, Living

Life happens. You laugh about it or cry about it, sometimes both.

I hope you enjoy this post

on April 11, 2013

I’m very tired, so this will be brief-ish.

Today started with Stephen waking me up at 5:30am, which is like an hour to ninety minutes earlier than I really like, and about thirty minutes earlier than I can reasonable deal with. Then I spent all morning working on details for our road trip itinerary, following up and confirming with friends who are hosting us along the way, working out driving directions through Chicago, estimating times of arrival in different cities, etc. I did end up booking a hotel in the St. Cloud area since the friend I tried to contact about staying over for a night never replied to any of the messages I sent. Maybe her facebook message inbox doesn’t work, and maybe the two email addresses I tried are both obsolete. Or maybe she’s just very very busy and hasn’t gotten around to dashing off a return message. Maybe any of those are true, but what I really tend to jump to is that she hates me and is snubbing me. But that’s what my irrational mind always jumps to when a friend stops return communication. It’s probably not the case, but I tend to freak out. She probably just doesn’t want to be mean and say no to me, but trust me, it is much nicer to just come out and say it than to simply ignore me. Whatever I can imagine is going on is absolutely worse than what is actually going on. I don’t know if she reads my blog, but if she does y’all can consider this a call-out.

Then we spent the whole rest of the morning and afternoon shopping around for road trip supplies and a few items to get us through the last week and a half in our place. We drafted a menu and man, is it weird. I believe one of the meals on the menu is “whatever we can find.” So yeah.

100_1561Then Jeremy wanted to fly a kite with Stephen since they had just watched an episode of Curious George where they fly a kite. That meant we had to go buy a kite, then we could fly it. Stephen thought is was okay when Jeremy was trying to get it up in the air; that was pretty amusing. Then he watched it fly for a few minutes, then he ran off to dig in the sand with a bottle cap he found on the ground. This is where you’re supposed to say “a fun time was had by all” but that might be a bit of an exaggeration for this particular family fun activity. Jeremy said, “next time I’ll go fly a kite by myself” and that would probably be for the best.

And on top of that I wore a pair of shoes that is actually really uncomfortable, but I never remember this until after I’ve been wearing them for a few hours. It’s a bit disappointing because they’re Dansko clogs which are supposed to be the ultimate comfy shoe, but mine really aren’t. They make my toes feel numb if I wear them for a long time. Plus Stephen refused to take a nap even though he woke up so early. So.

And that’s it, that’s all I have for you fine folks this evening. Peace.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: